Re: [6pack] Lack of symmetry

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Lack of symmetry
From: "Jerry C Shaw" <slowtoaccept@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 07:12:55 -0400
Kendall
I suspect that your suspicions about the body simply not being centered on the
chassis are correct. Mine is off a bit, after having done a body-off, and  I
have 16x7 Panasports with no interference problems.

However,I have new stock springs and a completely redone front suspension, so
the fender rims sit well above the tires, which stick out a little on both
sides.

If you perform carefull measurements of  the body and frame, you can easily
tell if the two share a common centerline, so don't fret that your frame is
bent, particularly with a frame off restoration.

As other listers have noted, the upper wishbones are handed and can easily be
reversed. The key is the that the vertical links should slope rearwards.
Another symptom is excessive negative camber, since the upper wishbone is too
far inboard and shims on the lower wishbone make it worse.
Jerry