[6pack] Speedo Cable

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Speedo Cable
From: Dwayne Cooper <dc_bruin@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:41:51 -0700
I've had trouble with my speedometer for a while now.  It seems like the end
that goes into the transmission isn't long enough to seat properly so it
doesn't turn reliably.  I tried modifying a cable which worked, but it caused
a new oil leak (I've got enough of those already thank you).  In looking
through the Moss catalog it appears like I may need the two-part cable that's
listed as correct for 74.5 - 76 models.  My car is a 74 -- maybe a 74.5 -- it
had the rubber baby buggy bumpers so I think that makes it a 74.5.  Has anyone
had any experience with mixing up these two cables?  It seems like they may be
interchangeable in terms of fittings but not operation.

Thanks,

Dwayne
'74.5 (I think)
http://home.mindspring.com/~the5coopers/
Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger.  Find out how.
http://www.windowslive.com/explore/messenger?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger_yaho
o_082008