Re: [6pack] SU Conversion

To: John North <johncnorth@gmail.com>, Triumph 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] SU Conversion
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 07:26:35 -0700
        John:

        The HIF6/HIF44 will work just fine, and is a bit more compact. I tend
to favor them because they are easy to find - Volvo used them on their cars
for a while. They are exceedingly simple - although the overrun valve design
is pretty bad. ZS had a much better design for the overrun function that did
not degrade the performance of the carb as the SU did. That feature is easily
removed however...
        Adapting the linkage might be a challenge however. I installed a
single HIF carb on my mini, and it was cake because the linkages were all
cables. For the TR6 with its bell crank style linkage, it would be more of a
challenge.

        Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom