Re: [6pack] Speedo Cable

To: "dc.bruin@gmail.com" <dc.bruin@gmail.com>, "6pack@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [6pack] Speedo Cable
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 19:07:18 +0000
Dwayne, the two part cable is only used on the later cars that had some kind
of gizmo just ahead of the bulkhead that was used as a reminder for something
that you had to do after so many miles. One part of the cable  goes into it
and other part goes from it to the speedo. If you don't have one of those
gizmos you don't need the two part cable. If you have a 74 or a 74.5 you
should not have one.

Repro speedo cables are notorious for not fitting correctly without some
fettling.

Stan