Re: [6pack] Watkins Glen

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Watkins Glen
From: "glc / crc" <glccrc@ptd.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 05:06:12 -0400
In Sept I doubt the trees will be barren at the Glen.
We have a group of about 12, mostly Porsche owners, staying in Corning at
the Staybridge Suites
http://www.hotelguide.com/hotel/united_states/corning/staybridge_suites_corn
ing/6636001_en.html#details

We'll arrive Th night so as to be ready for the Fri AM assembly at the
museum and catch all the Marque of the Year activities.

Whomever has "The Last open Road" logos on their race and street TR's, thank
you- Got me curious, and I've just finished reading BS Levy's book, and
ordered the rest of them. Sitting on vacation reading about his first ride
with Big Al around the Glen's road course -while knowing I'd be re-tracing
their steps in a couple months- was "special".

If you ever considered going to the vintage at the Glen, this certainly
would be the year to bring your TR, with Triumph being marque of the year.
Last year there wasn't much of a strong BMW presence when it was their year,
so I hope we do better.

Paint job is 8/11, then the interior goes from black to tan, roll bar
finally gets cushioned, new bumpers, etc.

If anyone is in need of a decent black interior, and some bumpers that
aren't that bad, please contact me off-list. My passenger seat is decent
shape, driver's seat is shot.

George Church