RE: [6pack] TR6 Cylinder Heads and Lucas Petrol Injection

To: Terry Geiger <tgeiger@shoalsbritishcars.org>, "6pack@autox.team.net"
Subject: RE: [6pack] TR6 Cylinder Heads and Lucas Petrol Injection
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:22:09 +0000
> They are basically throw away items in Australia at this point

Now that sounds too good to be true..

I don't see why the Lucas PI would not fit any US TR6 assuming it is the
appropriate kit for the year. You will need a PI cam, raise the CR on the
head, PI valve springs, the pedestal for the MU, a PI dizzy, fuel pump (pref
not the original Lucas pump) relief valve and plumbing, and mods to the tank
for the fuel return in addition to the MU, Plenum, throttle bodies, injectors,
pipes etc. Definitely doable and there are a few around in the US (6's and
5's)

Not sure it is worth it ($ per hp) though compared to SC or 3xDCOE's with
similar engine mods.

Stan