RE: [6pack] TR8 engine startup after rebuild

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: RE: [6pack] TR8 engine startup after rebuild
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 11:17:32 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Navarrette, Vance wrote:

>       Victor:
>
>       sounds like you have already spotted the location of your leak.
> You can get suitable Orings for the plugs from your local hardware
> store, ACE or whoever.
>       As for the failure to start, you are obviously not getting
> enough fuel to the carbs. Clogged fuel filter or perhaps your fuel pump
> has packed it in.

or the needles are gunked up.

I've had that prob when the carbs have sat for a while. I have had success
spraying carb cleaner in the inlet of the carb and then blowing some air
in there... hook up the hose and try starting and see what happens.

>       Cheers,
>
>       Vance

regards,
rml
Consultant            MIT IS&T unix-linux-help |
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489