[6pack] Rear shelf vertical linoleum-type material

To: "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Rear shelf vertical linoleum-type material
From: "Andrew Packard" <apackard68@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 21:58:47 -0800
Happy Thanksgiving, listers:

I've been off work all week pulling every part of my Tr250 body tub to
prepare the car for a stripping, some minor body work and a new paint job.
The newly painted tub will settle in nicely on my soon-to-arrive Ratco
frame.

I was popping out one of the floor plugs near the back shelf when some black
linoleum-type material popped off the vertical part of the shelf.  It was
still sticky on the back.  I pried some more off with a gasket removal tool,
but a lot of it was stuck on pretty well.

Two questions about this:

1)       Does anyone have a good way of removing this material?

2)       What is it for?  Should I replace it with some modern material that
serves the same purpose (as yet unidentified)?

Thanks as always for your help.

Andy Packard

CD6746L (toy)O(ta)

PS.  If anyone wants to buy a good original dash with an interesting period
inlaid plaque in the glove box door (1968 Star/Gulf Rally), I'm selling
mine.  I've never been able to figure out the history of the plaque, so it
is being replaced by a Koa Prestige Autowood dash.  Any offers welcome and I
have photos of the plaque that I can send you.

I'm also selling my 15X6 Panasports, having been replaced by some modern
17X7 Stamford Sting wheels with lower profile tires, thanks to a conversion
spacer I bought that gave me a 4X100mm bolt pattern.  The Panasports are in
very good shape and have Yokohama AVS Db2 tires, size 205/65/15.  The tires
have about 8,000 miles on them and have recently been shaved perfectly round
and balanced by Roger Krauss Racing in Castro Valley, CA.

Contact me offline for dash and wheel discussions.