Re: [6pack] Rear shelf vertical linoleum-type material

To: Andrew Packard <apackard68@comcast.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Rear shelf vertical linoleum-type material
From: rweber <rmweber_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 05:30:15 -0800 (PST)
Andrew,
  That material is probably the sound damping bitumitous matt that is about
1/8" thick. When new, it is flexible but tends to harden with age. I found the
stuff on the vertical panel forming tthe package shelf, on the floor behind the
seats, and in each door. It keeps the sheet-metal panels from resonating. Moss
offers a replacement material called Dynamat but it is pretty expensive. When I
redid my TR6, I ordered some adhesive backed matting from Rimmer Bros in the UK
that worked out pretty well.

  Hope this helps.
  Ron