[6pack] High beam

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] High beam
From: Martin Romagni <mrdr3600@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:52:33 -0800 (PST)
Fellow Listers,

First, some background. The passengers side high beam on my 1974 tr6 does not
work. Driver side is fine. Low beams work on both sides. Switched the headlamps
and both high and low beams work on the drivers side. So, I pulled out the Dan
Masters book and started to trace down the problem with my multi meter. Seems
like there is no power on the blue/white wire at the connector to the headlamp.

Now I'm working backwards to see if there is a break in the wire somewhere. My
question is this: does that blue/white wire terminate at a bullet connector
somewhere?  Where? On the drivers side? If so, I'm thinking that connector may
be corroded (or otherwise messed up by the DPO - it is a mess).

Any other suggestions?

Also, your thoughts on one more thing, please. I have been doing some research
on wiring. Has anyone on the list installed the Headlight Relay Kit from
Advance Autowire? Am thinking of using it to replace my headlight wiring.and
solve my problem.

Thanks in advance and Happy Thanksgiving!

Marty Romagni
1974 TR6
Painesville, Ohio