Re: [6pack] Clutch slave cylinder

To: rivers2hills@yahoo.com (John Summers)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Clutch slave cylinder
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 23:19:00 -0800
 John S----The rubber boot at the end of the SC is more of a dust cover.
They do tend to swell with age and fall of the flange at the end of the
SC. Some SC repair kits include this new cover At one time I had added a
piece of baling wire around my old one to keep it in place. Yup!
Pa-ting.

The reason your pushrod fell out was probably because of the light
spring behind the SC piston. When the pushrod was disconnected from the
clutch (three holed) oerating arm, there was nothing to hold back the
piston and pushrod.
There is no clip to hold it into place. Between the internal spring in
the SC and the clutch diaphragm fingers pushing it from the other
direction, it should stay put.

Do you think you could by a bat from the Marlins?

Dick

rivers2hills@yahoo.com(John Summers)

Somebody tell me something, please. My TR has been out of commission for
two months because the clutch hydraulics went out. Finally! the weather
is cool enough in North Florida for a fat old man to slither under and
play with the thing. First I was going to rebuild the MC and slave but
I'm getting more lazy as each day goes by. So I ordered "new" parts.
Today when the slave came off,,,,,,the rod which it operates fell out.
There was a rubber plunger around it which was worthless. Nothing that I
have in either the rebuild parts or the new parts even resembles this
piece of rubber. Also, I question as to why that rod seems to just fit
into the end of the slave cylinder. Sure, the other end attaches to the
arm which operates the clutch.

Does pressure from that arm force the rod into the slave is such a way
that it doesn't need any c clips or anything to hold it.
It just seems weird.
I'm sure I'll have more questions later. The county hazard cops came by
Monday and gave me 15 days to get it fixed because it is up on jack
stands and they deem it to be a public health hazard,,,,,,,,,,,,,at the
far end of my driveway behind two other cars with a tarp over it. Paying
insurance on it and it has a valid tag. Told my wife if I had a baseball
bat some tree would be sorry because that ticked me off. Bastards!
John Summers
'74 TR6