[6pack] Clutch slave cylinder

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Clutch slave cylinder
From: John Summers <rivers2hills@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 14:17:01 -0800 (PST)
Somebody tell me something, please.  My TR has been
out of commission for two months because the clutch
hydraulics went out.  Finally! the weather is cool
enough in North Florida for a fat old man to slither
under and play with the thing.  First I was going to
rebuild the MC and slave but I'm getting more lazy as
each day goes by. So I ordered "new" parts.
Today when the slave came off,,,,,,the rod which it
operates fell out.  There was a rubber plunger around
it which was worthless.  Nothing that I have in either
the rebuild parts or the new parts even resembles this
piece of rubber.  Also, I question as to why that rod
seems to just fit into the end of the slave cylinder.
Sure, the other end attaches to the arm which operates
the clutch.  Does pressure from that arm force the rod
into the slave is such a way that it doesn't need any
c clips or anything to hold it.
It just seems weird.
I'm sure I'll have more questions later.  The county
hazard cops came by Monday and gave me 15 days to get
it fixed because it is up on jack stands and they deem
it to be a public health hazard,,,,,,,,,,,,,at the far
end of my driveway behind two other cars with a tarp
over it.  Paying insurance on it and it has a valid
tag.  Told my wife if I had a baseball bat some tree
would be sorry because that ticked me off.
Bastards!

John Summers
'74 TR6