[6pack] Re: No Oil Pressure

To: <eTCOC@yahoogroups.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Re: No Oil Pressure
From: "Bruce Moxon" <bamxn@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 22:19:22 -0400
Finally got the pressure up and the car running. Dropped the pan and inspected
the pump and decided that it did not need replacing. Put it all back together
and primed the pump ( by turning the car over without the plugs in), after
undoing the oil gauge connector and spewing oil all over the place. Still an
odd experience. The positive part of the experience is that the oil pan is now
repainted and a new gasket that will hopefully reduce ( not eliminate ) some
drips. I would like to thank everyone for their input, although still confused
as to why it happened.  I have learned one major lesson here - do not change
your oil prior to a 3 day weekend with nice weather.

Thanks,
Bruce
TR250