Re: [6pack] Speedo Woes

To: JHMDDS@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Speedo Woes
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 22:27:11 EDT
I am kind of winging it here so bear with me.  I recall a similar  problem
with my tach a few years ago when I replaced the cable.  The inner  cable goes
into the outer sheath only one way.  You can pull it all the way  out and one
end of the cable has a stop on it so when you put it back in, it  won't go all
the way through.  If the stop is on the tranny end instead of  the speedo end,
it is possible that the cable is engaging in the tranny too  deeply which
means it may be slipping out of the speedo engagement.   Everything spins OK
but
it just is not engaging in the female part of the speedo  mechanism.  Look and
see if the little brass disk that is the stop is on  the speedo end rather
than the tranny end.  I think this can be reversed by  pulling the cable out of
the sheath and feeding it back in from the other  end.  My tach just stopped
working, then started again then stopped  again.  After close inspection I
reasoned this was the problem and this has  not happened again since.  Again.
it
has been a while.
David (hoping it is that simple)