[6pack] glove box lock

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] glove box lock
From: SamuelsMA@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 18:41:36 EDT
All of this talk about dashboards made me think of a minor irritation with
mine.  I have a '76 with a glove box door that has a lock but no finger  pull.
The door tends to stick closed, and the spring in the lock mechanism  isn't
strong enough to pop it open most of the time.  That means that I  have to put
my key in the lock cylinder to open the door.

My old '70 PI had a finger pull built into the lock mechanism.  I  wonder why
Triumph eliminated this feature on later cars?  In any case, can  I retrofit
an older style lock with a finger pull to my new car's glove box  door?

Thanks.

Michael
'76 Tahiti Blue
CF 57044U