[6pack] Type 16P caliper rebuild?

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Type 16P caliper rebuild?
From: "John Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 23:12:53 -0400
Hi All,

My 70 came with 16P calipers.  I am rebuilding them.  I have blasted and
painted them and now I am trying to reassemble.  I bought SS pistons and the
dust boot kit from TRF.  The dust boots appear to be made of vinyl which is
not very stretchy.  I see that the top edge of the boot slides into the
narrow slot in the tope edge of the piston.  What about the bottom edge?
Does it just ride up and down on the piston itself?  I have tried to strech
the base around the lip on the caliper but there is no retaining clipm to
hold it in place and it will not stay.

John Cyg