Re: [6pack] Seat belt replacement

To: samuelsma@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Seat belt replacement
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 17:27:56 +0000
From: samuelsma@aol.com

> Questions:
>
> 1. Is it mandatory to replace original belts, regardless of apparent
>condition?
> I AM interested in safety, or I wouldn't be asking.
FWIW, racing organizations require new seat belt webbing be installed in race
cars every 5 years. Certainly, it isn't mandatory on a street car. Mine are
original as well, and the webbing is a sun faded gray, the belt edges are
starting to fray. It occured to me that the worst way to test them is to use
them for their intended purpose. As a result, I have a new set on order.
> 2. Do the new belts just bolt in, or is there anything more complicated about
> installation? Is it necessary to get behind any of the mounting points to
> remove/replace a nut, or do the bolts just screw into threaded captive nuts
>on
> the body?
I'll know better in a couple of weeks.
PS  I ordered mine from Kai Radicke. His look a lot closer to the original
Kangols than the aftermarket belts that I have seen from others. His are more
money, but.....
NFI
Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U