AE Pistons

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: AE Pistons
From: "John North" <johncnorth@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 17:26:09 -0500
Anyone know anything about AE pistons?

I have seen several places selling AE pistons.   TRF sells these, I
believe and I also see them at Advanced performance Technology and on
eBay.   Rimmers sells AE Hepolites, not sure if these are the same.
Some places give a CR for example, 7.7-1 or 8.5-1.   Not sure what
this indicates...   Are they adequate only for up to these CRs or does
this indicate the usual application and I could expect them to be
adequate for higher CRs?   I am putting together and engine and
shooting for 9.5-1.

Any help appreciated.

John North