Re: spark

To: "j randolph sandner" <drsandner@earthlink.net>, "triumphs"
Subject: Re: spark
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 21:48:29 +0000
From: "j randolph sandner" <drsandner@earthlink.net>

> listers,
> my car dies a few months ago, towed home.
> finally have time to dink /c it.
> no spark.
> replaced coil, new condenser...........no spark. points correctly gapped.
> i have another condenser mounted on the coil mounting bracket. appears
> original. there is no mention of this condenser in any of my manuals, nor
> dan masters book. any ideas?????????? nice enuf to drive in nc.

I don't see that you replaced the dizzy rotor. Dizzy rotors in TR6's have been
failing like crazy the last few years, often without warning.
I also had an interesting thing happen on my TR4. The distributor shaft rusted
UNDER the rotor, and the rotor couldn't make electrical contact. Result was no
spark.
Hope one of these helps.
Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U