Fidanza Flywheel

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fidanza Flywheel
From: "Nick Gemas" <gln@worldpath.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:36:32 -0500
Well I'm finally at the point of wrapping up my engine rebuild and HVDA 5
speed conversion, big day! And as usually nothing went right. The flywheel
just would not go on the crank, seems the locating pin won't go in the hole
on the Fidanza flywheel. Then I heated the flywheel in the oven to 500 F at
the tech guys advice, no help so I thought the bolts may pull it in, well as
things usually go, the shoulder of the ARP and the stock flywheel bolts
won't fit in the holes on the flywheel. The bolts will not go in the last
1/8" to seat against the flywheel. Both the ARP and the stock bolts fit and
seat fine in my stock flywheel. When I called the tech guy at Fidanza he
said it was ok to force the bolts into the holes by tightening them in, my
response was, " they're REALLY TIGHT and I'm transferring aluminum onto the
bolt shoulder, how will I ever accurately torque this thing?" So he said to
either send it back to where I bought, I explained I can't do that because I
bought it a year ago and the guy won't take it back, he then said ship it to
them and their engineers will go over it, I asked how long that would take,
he said about a month turn around. In the mean time my car is in a shop
taking up a bay. I asked if I could by a new one from him, send this one
back and get credit when he looked mine over, he replied sorry can't do
that. Well I apologize for going  on a rant  but it's been frustrating and
it seems no one wants to stand behind their products anymore.
Thanks,
Nick Gemas