RE: Broken Clutch Fork Pictures Part 1

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>,
Subject: RE: Broken Clutch Fork Pictures Part 1
From: Kendall Larsen <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:14:26 -0800 (PST)
Hi Vance,

Thanks for the reply. 'I' think that the oil was coming out of the top cover,
but I can't really tell 100% yet, I haven't gotten to see it in proper day
light yet. (I do far too much of triumph mechanics by headlamp!)

> Since you are pulling the tranny, why not pop in an overdrive
> while you are in there? It is a good shipwright's project...

Haha.. that's a good one :) Sounds like fun but I think I'll pass for now. --
Speaking of shipwrights though... Is the gearbox input shaft bearing easy to
change? There is a bit of growling from the bell housing with the clutch pedal
out. When I depress the clutch pedal the growling stops. (this was before the
fork pin failed) It's not bad, yet.

> When you replace the fork and pin, be sure to cross drill the
> fork and drive in a roll pin.

I was planning on this. What size roll pin are most folks installing? I found
this link regarding roll pin sizes:
http://www.engineersedge.com/roll_pin.htm

Seems like 1/4" would much more than sufficient.

Thanks for all the replies. This list is the greatest.

Kendall
74.5 TR6
San Clemente, CA