Throw out bearing sleeve

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Throw out bearing sleeve
From: "Cary Henry" <caryhenry@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:51:29 -0500
I just installed a new throwout bearing and sleeve along with a new clutch
component kit from TRF.  The throwout sleeve does not hang up at all, but
when I reassembled the component kit with new bushings and cross shaft, and
attached the bearing to the clutch fork, it takes quite a bit of force to
slide the bearing.  I know the new bushings and cross shaft are a nice, snug
fit and will break in and rotate easier, but how much force is too much.
Right now I can grab the cross shaft by the slave cylinder pushrod and move
the bearing, but it takes quite a bit of force.  I would say it takes about
8lbft of torque to get the bearing to slide.  Is this normal???