Re: Unable to Open Trunk - Looking for ideas

To: Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Unable to Open Trunk - Looking for ideas
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:31:40 -0700 (PDT)
Bruce,

Probably drilling the lock is the best way to go,
least amount of collateral damage...but you may want
to push down on the trunk lid & push the
button...rather than pulling up.

Personally, I wouldn't PULL UP on the luggage
rack...it's secured with sheet metal screws.  The
holes on my trunk lid somehow got "bigger".  I ended
up having to use sawed off toggle bolts in order to
secure the luggage rack to the trunk lid.  Bit of a
pain, but better the having to repaint after welding.

I guess you could also try going through the inside of
the car...under the gas tank, but I suspect there
won't be much room.

My 2 cents,

Todd Bermudez
CD198L