[Fwd: Re: Engine runs but overheats]

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Engine runs but overheats]
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:51:06 -0400
Well it appears it was a stuck thermostat(brand new).  It also looks
like when it got hot the head gasket blew at the #1 cylinder(120lbs vs
145 to 150 for the other 5) and small droplets of something floating in
the coolant.  Ugghhhhhh!   Guess I know what Im doing next weekend.
John Mitchell 76 Tr6

Thanks to everyone who responded,  seems like air in the system is the
consensus.  I'll fire it up again today and see how it goes.  John