RE: Engine runs but overheats

To: "'Terry Geiger'" <tgeiger@shoalsbritishcars.org>,
Subject: RE: Engine runs but overheats
From: Bernard Robbins <brobbins@nec.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:38:33 +1200
Ladies and Gentlemen,

<snip>
The TR6 is bad to trap air in the cooling system.  This happens because the
radiator filler neck is not the highest point in the system.  It will help
if you put the nose of the car up into the air (ramps work or jack stands).
<snip>

I've had this problem on my 2500 TC saloon also.  In the rubber pipe that
feed's the heater, I put a tee section with one connection capped off.  It
is the highest part of the engine.  When I change the coolant, I fill the
radiator as normal and then top the system up from this tee.  I've not had
any issues with air bubbles since.

>From memory, I think it would be pretty easy to do the something similar on
the TR6 between the heater control valve and the firewall.

Hope this helps!

Regards
Bernard Robbins

'71 2500PI