Re: Ground cable strap

To: John VanNorman <jvannorman@wowway.com>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ground cable strap
From: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:24:01 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
John,

-----Original Message-----
From: John VanNorman <jvannorman@wowway.com>

Subject: Ground cable strap

<snip>
>Maybe a stupid question here, but when he says "left rear corner," is that the
>driver's side corner? I wasn't sure if he was meaning while standing behind or
>in front of the engine.

Yes,

The directions used for a reference for an automobile are given as though one
is sitting in the car facing towards the front of the car.  Hence Left hand
drive (USA) and Right hand drive (GB).

>  And is that connection on the top side or bottom of the
engine?  I'm just curious because looking at my engine, I see nothing that
looks like a ground between the engine and the firewall.

The connection is about level with the oil pressure gauge oil line connection
to the left rear of the engine block.  It connects to one of the transmission
to rear engine plate bolts.  The firewall connection is at the intersection of
just below the accelerator cross shaft for a horizontal reference and below the
left side of a group 24 battery as a verticle reference.

>John V.
>74 1/2
>CF28149

FWIW,