Ground cable strap

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ground cable strap
From: "John VanNorman" <jvannorman@wowway.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:39:49 -0500
I was reading one of the tech articles by Len Renkenberger in the 6-pack
webpage about battery ground cables.  The
article says:

"You should find a braided ground cable strap on the left rear corner of your
engine which also bolts to the firewall
with the same bolt as the battery ground strap."

Maybe a stupid question here, but when he says "left rear corner," is that the
driver's side corner? I wasn't sure if he
was meaning while standing behind or in front of the engine.  And is that
connection on the top side or bottom of the
engine?  I'm just curious because looking at my engine, I see nothing that
looks like a ground between the engine and
the firewall.

John V.
74 1/2
CF28149

P.S.  Changed the gear oil and the speedometer cable today.  I'm not sure who
suggested it because I found it in the
archives, but thanks to whomever suggested drilling a hole in the transmission
cover to get access to the fill plug
(when I install the fiberglass one, I'll have to remember to incorporate that
along with a grommet to fill the hole).  I
had tried several times before to get that sucker out from below.  With the
hole, it was easy as can be and also made
refilling the gear box fairly easier.