Rear shock conversion kits

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear shock conversion kits
From: "John VanNorman" <jvannorman@wowway.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:54:36 -0500
Just wondering if anyone has any strong feelings (positive or negative) on the
different brands/types of rear shock
conversion kits available from the big 3.  From my research, I know to avoid
any model that simply bolts onto the car
body instead of the chassis.  But other than that and the fact that I don't
think that kits that come with adjustable
shocks seem worth the cost for my purposes (i.e., I'm not looking at racing the
car, but rather just having a fun, good
handling, weekend driver), I'm not sure which one is best for my purposes .  Of
course, that raises the question of
whether I should just stick with re-manufactured or new lever shocks and avoid
the conversion.

John V.

74 1/2 TR6