Re: Rebuilt Lucas alternator or upgrade?

To: John VanNorman <jvannorman@wowway.com>,
Subject: Re: Rebuilt Lucas alternator or upgrade?
From: Kendall Larsen <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 00:58:13 -0700 (PDT)
Hi John,

Here's my suggestion for the path of least resistance. Try your local electric
shop, chances are there is a business in your area that does nothing but
rebuild starters and alternators. I had the alternator on my 74 1/2 rebuilt at
a local shop something like 8 years ago, it still works great. They'll happily
replace all the brushes, diodes, bearings and whatever else is in there,
probably for a reasonable price. They claimed they knew all about Lucas stuff
because apparently lots of tractors use Lucas electricals, and my hometown
(Lodi, CA) was something of a farming area.

Good luck!

Kendall