Re: Rebuilt Lucas alternator or upgrade?

To: John VanNorman <jvannorman@wowway.com>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rebuilt Lucas alternator or upgrade?
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:13:21 -0700 (PDT)
John,

Take it to a shop that knows alternators.  Autozone,
at least the one by me, does NOT know alternators.
They kept telling me I had a bad alternator..."see
that light, that means it has a bad diode...we can
sell you one"

Well, I didn't buy it & slapped it on my car
anyway...this was after swapping a bunch of parts that
were known to be good.

Personally, without being there to do testing, my
guess is the brushes.  They're $2.35 from moss...of
course they have $10 minimum order...so I bought a
few.  I just replaced a set on a friends car...fixed
him right up...did it with the alternator on the car.
You may choose to pull it off...for giggles or testing
or something??

Give a try...write for further details,

Todd Bermudez
CD198L