RE: TR6 Steering Column Help

To: <acekraut11@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Steering Column Help
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 22:43:26 -0400
I think the idea is to disconnect everything that is possible from the
front and rear brackets so that the entire column with lock can be
rotated and you can get a punch or drill/extractor to the sheared bolts.

On reassembly I used the special bolts but I tightened them only enough
to secure the lock but not enough to shear the heads off. You can
probably find appropriate regular bolts.

On re-assembly I lubed the inner column. I didn't see any evidence of
previous lubrication and it was the rusty inner column that wore out the
bushes.

Stan