Re: rear light housings / chrome paint

To: plz@shaw.ca, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rear light housings / chrome paint
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 14:24:47 -0400
Peter,

I have done exactly what you ask, which is to paint the reflector with
chrome paint.  It seems to have worked well, though I havent taken it
apart to see how it is holding up.  The tail lights appear to be of the
same strength on my car, though once again, I havent checked recently
and it is hard to check by yourself for the obvious reason that you
cant see the back of the car while stepping on the brakes.  Though I
havent tried it you might be able to glue in some type of reflective
material like aluminum foil or something similar.  I agree with what
others have said, I dont believe that heat will be an issue with the
paint, so long as the bulb is centered in the opening.

My two cents worth.

Cheers,
Aaron

Aaron Cropley