RE: upgrades

To: "Jim Jones" <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>, <Lizirbydavis@cs.com>
Subject: RE: upgrades
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:49:00 -0700
    Jim:

    Durability? You want durability? Then power is not for you. Broken
bits are considered to be the equivalent of Boy Scout merit badges if
you are a hot rodder. If you don't want broken car bits, then you are a
'girly man'.
    Seriously, as you upgrade eventually you WILL break something. Every
car has it's weak link.
    I believe if you keep it to under 150HP you should be in good shape
(After all, that is what the PI cars had). 'Course, the dreaded right
front diff mount will go sooner or later, and you will wear out the
layshaft more quickly. But as they say "If you want to play, ya gotta
pay."
    The diff, hubs and other bits are pretty stout. I am just
speculating here, but probably the same old weak spots will come to the
fore, just a bit more quickly than would otherwise be the case. The
place you will probably notice the damage first is the rear tires =;-o

    Vance