Re: Rebush Front suspension

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>,
Subject: Re: Rebush Front suspension
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:11:03 -0500
Vance Vavarrette wrote:

> Nylatron is for racing only, much too harsh for street.

I am on a mission to change everyone's misconception about nylatron.  Why?
Because I used to have the exact same opinion, as I was always led to
believe that nylatron was for racing only.  That all changed when I drove
Richard Good's TR6 in mid-December.  Richard's car has his full line of
suspension components, including nylatron bushings all the way around.
Richard's suspension was firm, but not at all uncomfortable... I have driven
TR6s with worn out standard rubber suspensions that I thought were more
harsh and difficult to drive.

This was no 15mph test drive either.  We had the car out for a good 30-45
minutes on the back roads of Berks County, PA.  There was no shortage of
rough pavement and I still felt the car was comfortable to drive, through a
very wide range of road speeds.  About the only down side of the drive was
the freezing weather, it was something like 25degF that morning.

Needless to say that single experience of driving a car with nylatron
bushings drastically changed my opinion about the bushing material.  I have
always liked Richard's products, and even as a competitor I use some of his
engine components and also recommend things like the tri-carb kits to my own
customers.  The same now goes for the nylatron bushings.

Nylatron bushings... I like 'em!!!  I expected a teeth shattering ride on
public roads and I can happily conclude that the experience was far from
that!

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke