Re: Fire Extinguishers....

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>,
Subject: Re: Fire Extinguishers....
From: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 23:39:22 -0500
As a professional pilot, I am extremely glad that the Halon extinguishing
systems are still 'allowed' to be in place. Simply put, nothing puts out a
fire better in an airplane. When I'm at 47,000 ft. it's going to take on the
order of 15 minutes for me to get my airplane on the ground if I'm on fire.
I want what works. I only have two fears. One is a flight control failure
(I'd be helpless), and 2 is an inflight cabin fire (I'd be trapped).

Screw the environment, I want what works!! That said, for a car I'd be
careful of firing one in a closed  space for the reasons mentioned. If I
were a racer I'd have one.

My opinion, everyone has one!

(BTW, I recycle)   :^{)

Jim