Re: Sealing a gas tank

To: forzion@maine.rr.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sealing a gas tank
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:57:07 EST
Dave,
I have  done my TR3 tank with a gas tank sealing kit from Eastwood similar to
the slushing compounds previously mentioned.  It was OK with no know problems
for over 10 years now. However when it came to my TR250 & TR6 I chose to go
to Parma Radiator in Cleveland, OH who is a dealer for Gas Tank Renu-USA,
Detroit, MI (313-837-6122).  This process seals the tank inside and out and
is very impressive making the tank bullet proof for a lifetime.  It even
comes with a warranty.  I would definitely recommend this if you want a primo
tank job.  I would think that they have a dealer in your area. Not cheap,
$180 to $200 if my memory is correct.

Oh by the way I am currently trying to strip some latex stuff out of the tank
of my Honda 305 Scrambler motorcycle that is peeling and flaking off. I am
going to have to peak inside the TR. to see if all is well in there.

Cheers,
Darrell