Sealing a gas tank

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Sealing a gas tank
From: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 18:44:38 -0500
Hey list!

I gotta believe there are sunny skies and warmer days coming. I'm now so
busy trying to get this baby ready for the first Spring drive, I don't
notice the mounds of snow still needing to melt!

Question: As I have the gas tank out (among a few hundred other things),
I'd like to get the inside of the tank sealed. It doesn't leak or have
any problems like that but I have seen a bit of rust in the fuel filter
the past few years. So, I thought this would be a good time to put a
"new finish" on the inside of the tank. Is this something I can do
myself or should I just drop this off at my local radiator shop to let
them do it? Opinions? Products?

Dave Friedlander
CF25194UO - '74