Re: More frame interior stuff -- powder coat

To: "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: More frame interior stuff -- powder coat
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 23:45:37 -0800
Don,

I believe your concern is well founded.  Since powder coating is an
electrostatic process I believe it would be very difficult to throw very
much, if any, paint inside frame tubes.  This would be largely due to anode
and cathode current density anomalies.  The areas of the subject part
closest to the spray gun (the anode) as well as geometrically protruding
areas (such as edges and corners) will get more paint than flat and/or
recessed areas (the cathode).  Deeply recessed areas such as the innards of
a frame will, I believe, get no coverage.  Inserting an anode into the frame
in order to improve coverage would be extremely difficult if not virtually
impossible.  Is their anyone on the list who can attest to this?

Gary
'73