Re: Lightened flywheels

To: Ryan Miles <rjhmile@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Lightened flywheels
From: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 08:07:01 -0500
Sorry, all. I tried to send this message last evening but for some reason, the
text
didn't go through. Strange.

Here's the posting again:

Are there diagrams available anywhere for WHERE to take off the "excess" cast
iron
from a stock '74 flywheel? All Kastner says in the Prep Manual is "the flywheel
can
be lightened by approximately four pounds by cutting away the material on the
engine side." So maybe its simply to remove the material (four pounds?) from the
heaviest section(s). Comments?

Dave Friedlander
CF25194UO