X-rays [was Flywheel lightening, before and after]

To: <rsh17@msn.com>
Subject: X-rays [was Flywheel lightening, before and after]
From: Shane Ingate <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:39:19 -0500
Richard Seaton asked:

    > Any ideas on where I could get it x-rayed like Shane mentioned?

I've had all sorts of stuff x-rayed at a friendly vet clinic.  I'm not a
radiologist, don9t know if their machines can take pictures of big stuff
like flywheels, nor am I any good at interpreting the pictures, but I have
seen fracture areas and voids in ceramics and smaller metal objects.

I'm sure there are industrial facilities like this, especially around
power-plants and defense-related industries.

Shane Ingate in Maryland