Re: Lightening the Flywheel

To: "Simms, Bruce CIC" <BSimms@cicorp.sk.ca>
Subject: Re: Lightening the Flywheel
From: william mcintire <william.mcintire@wright.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:50:36 -0500
I don't think there will be any change in numbers as far as torque & hp go.
The lighter flywheel will allow the engine to respond more quickly to any given
input. The lighter flywheel has less mass and therefore less inertia that must
be overcome to effect a change in engine rotation either faster or slower. Also
more of a PIA to get moving from a stop.
Just MHO
Bill
'70 6