Re: Dash pot oil

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Dash pot oil
From: Jay Snable <jsnable@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:19:24 -0800
There is an o-ring around the screw that is used to adjust the needle.
I have replaced it a few times, and as I remember it, you remove the
needle (back out the set screw and use jet tool to turn fully lean and
them some ) then press the screw and its retaining washer up and out of
the dash pot shaft. The carb rebuild kits I have used have had the
right replacement o-ring in them, but they are also available
separately - 0.75 at Moss.

Jay