Re: Dash pot oil

To: "Paula J. Graffam" <pjgraffam@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Dash pot oil
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:26:19 -0500
I have often wondered that same thing. I don't think my Haynes ZS manual
explains why that it happens, but I'll look tonight.

One of my carbs always seemed to be low on dashpot oil. Now that the
head is off, it's clear one carb was running richer than the other. My
TR6 racing engine experts say the car won't run worth crap if the carbs
are not balanced. I was never impressed with this engine -- 6 cyl and
all, which is why I'm going to 9.5:1 and a better cam. I'm beginning to
think the car never ran right from day one. It' sthe only TR250/TR6 I
have ever driven. Maybe I'll be in for a big surprise when it's running
again with 9.5:1, a cam, and tuned properly.

Don Malling