Re: TR6 leak at clutch slave cylinder?

To: "levilevi" <levilevi@attbi.com>, "Triumphs"
Subject: Re: TR6 leak at clutch slave cylinder?
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:05:56 -0600
-The fluid usually gets dark because of contamination (deteriorating seals or
moisture). This could be either the slave or master.
- I would suspect that it the slave only is leaking, but this doesn't
necessarily mean the MC isn't bad. It's 33 years old at the most.   Now, why
would a bad MC cause a slave to be bad also? I think you now one doesn't cause
the other.
-When rebuilding hydraulics, you will need a cylinder hone, available at any
parts store. make sure you hone all the pits and scratches out of the bore.
-Don't forget to blow out the lines, but WATCH THAT PAINT!!!!! Low air
pressure would be fine, as there is no need to turn the pressure up to 90
psi!!!
-You will need to bench bleed the MC. Rebuilding inst. should tell you the
procedure.

Good luck!

Richard Seaton