RE: She no run

To: mbullard@hawaii.rr.com, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: She no run
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:51:09 -0700
Mark, if you have a spark on all six wires (inductive timing light works
great here), then I would check that fuel is getting to the carbs and
that the floats arent stuck.  This means making sure there is no crud in
the float valves.  Starting ether may be a quick way to rule out stuck
float valves.  I would also try looking for major vacuum leaks
somewhere, like the brake booster, the diverter valve (found only on 75
and 76 models I think), the anti-run-on valve, vacuum lines going to EGR
and distributor, etc.  Also, did your guy check the timing correctly?
Needs to be 4 deg ATDC with vacuum hose connected, or 10 deg BTDC with
hose disconnected and plugged.  You can also use the static timing
method if the car is not running (also 10 deg BTDC).  If you have a
vacuum leak at the dizzy, then plug the line and go with the 10 deg
number until you get a replacement vacuum unit.

Good luck
John Lumia - 1976 TR6

Mark wrote:>

Done. pumping out like ol faithful.