Re: Wipers - Self Parking Failed

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wipers - Self Parking Failed
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:49:57 -0800 (PST)
My Dad's Stag had the same problem (wipers wouldn't park).  It wasn't
caused by the dashboard switch.  There is a mechanical switching device
within the wiper motor that allows electricity to continue to flow to
the motor (even when the dashboard switch is in the off position) until
the wipers reach a designated position.  I believe this is how all self
park mechanisms work.  Take apart your wiper motor, and you'll probably
find that this piece has broken.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6