Wipers - Self Parking Failed

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wipers - Self Parking Failed
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 06:02:45 -0800
Hi All,
Have a 73 (CF7000U0), with a few small issues (needs ring gear, clutch), but
my primary issue at the moment is the self-park of the wipers suddenly stopped
working.   Haven't fiddled with anything yet... Also, Have an 87 XJ6, again
with the same self-park problem, but the 90% usual cause of this is a failure
in the column switch.

The wire-harness connector to the wiper motor in the '6 is pretty tatty, the
wiper column switch is 'a little loose'.   Given that rain has returned to the
San Francisco area, I'd like to fix this problem I had thought about pulling
the motor, clean/replace/rebuild the connector as needed, and also pull the
column switch for a clean and repair.  .   Is there a common point of failure
with self-park in the '6's, and is it easy/a bear to fix?  Or should I just do
my planned work and hope for the best?

Thanks

Ken
So. San Francisco