RE: Re: Matching #'s and car values, suicide has been

To: "'mbullard'" <mbullard@hawaii.rr.com>, <rsh17@msn.com>,
Subject: RE: Re: Matching #'s and car values, suicide has been
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:20:15 -0500
For another point of view, I'm restoring CF37325U to a high standard and
will be selling it when completed next month. I'll lose a significant
amount of money, but I've enjoyed the process. It's my hobby. Anyone
except the pros make money at golf? fishing? hiking? running?
They enjoy their hobby and I enjoy mine. I don't think that's
blasphemous, as I've hopefully saved another TR from the crusher and
even more hopefully allowed another soul the joy of driving a nicely
prepared TR6.

My $.02,

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U

I don't know, somehow, Mark Hoopers comments come into play here also...

I just don't see much of a profit margin on restoring and selling the
car and isn't that a kind of blasphamy??. I just can't imagine spending
all that time and money on a car and giving any thought to what it might
be worth when it's done. The only way I can ever see getting rid of my
car is if SWMBO (as used in another group I belong to) want's to double
the already extravgant shoe allowance.

Mark Bullard
'74 TR6 (Not pretty but mine until I die)