RE: Re: Matching #'s and car values, suicide has been

To: "'mbullard'" <mbullard@hawaii.rr.com>, rsh17@msn.com, res0s0t7@verizon.net
Subject: RE: Re: Matching #'s and car values, suicide has been
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:00:13 -0500
Mark:

I must admit, the TR is a lifestyle thing for me. There is no way in the
universe I could add the time, parts and effort and ever declare a cash
profit. But then that wasn't the goal.

I enjoy the list community and it's nice to have a hobby that works on
building a known quantity to a quality goal that can be chosen to fit my
budget and timetable. If I don't get the engine bay stripped this year, I
will get it next year. In the mean time I drive and feel good. So unlike
work with its crazy competitive marketplace and wildly swinging standards
and where the option of just waiting until you have the resources or time to
do the job properly is an impossibility.

Since I started fixing up my TR6 in 1989 I have been through 4 corporate
crashes and innumerable frustrations. The TR has sure helped when I needed a
comforting distraction.

I'll go for the cheap therapy concept every time.

Mark Hooper
1972 TR6 (with a slipping O/D that I have wanted to fix for 4 years)