Re: Matching #'s and car values, suicide has been delayed...

To: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Matching #'s and car values, suicide has been delayed...
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:44:38 -0800
Richard,

My guess, and its only a guess, is that buying a TR6 has not yet become a
large enough transaction to warrant concern by most buyers as to whether or
not the serial numbers match.  Unless one has found (and desires) a very
original car in great shape a complete restoration is, of course, in order.
Once the car has been apart, it seems to be academic as to whether the
numbers match in comparison to the bigger question regarding the quality of
the restoration.

Gary
'73